Total Goal

Monday, March 12, 2007

It's here!!!


Well it's here. My NS I mean.
I unpacked and went through the food as soon as it came. Its a good thing it was right before Evan's lunch time and nap, or else it would have driven me crazy sitting in the box till I could get to it.
I had fun checking to make sure everything was there, organizing it in my designated NS cupboard. Then I sat down with my coffee and started to read. Wow, there was a lot to get through. I haven't done more then flip through the exercise booklet. But the welcome sheet I have read and stuck on my fridge. The meal planner book I looked at the most. So If I have more then 100 pounds to lose (which I do) I add an extra carb to my b-fast and dinner plus an extra fruit to my lunch?? Huh? a carb, whats a good carb? I'm a little lost I'm afraid, but I learn by doing so I'm sure I'll get it when I get into it. lol. If that made any sense at all. I think I'm going to go out for a nice dinner tonight, and start tomorrow. So I guess my weigh in day is Tuesday. Which is good for me, I'm accountable for my choices on the weekend and that puts me right between Leanne and Jordanna.
All the packaging looks so yummy, I hope whats inside will taste as good as the picture looks. I have decided to rate my food on a scale of 1-3 stars (***) 1 yuck!!!! 2 okay-I could live with it. 3-OMG I'm going to order 10 of these next time!
On the not NS related side, I talked to my sister this morning about my baby feeding issues. Since she was a nanny I'm was hoping she would have some insight on my problems. Thank God I asked. She was full of suggestions!!! Mac and Cheese, frozen peas, and I can feed him little bits of lunch meat! Who knew! So that's what I'm going to do. I would like to stay away from the Gerber Grads foods as much as possible-way to expensive!!!
So that's it for today. Tune in tomorrow for my first NS day.

2 comments:

Jordanna said...

YAHOOOOOOO congrats on getting your NS stuff...so exciting. Now hopefully you'll like it!

Annieann77 said...

YAH ! How exciting!! I can't wait to hear your reviews! LOL

You should check out THIS website for some ideas on low G.I. foods.

For breakfast you could do something as simple as a slice of whole wheat toast?!

Any questions I'm sure Jordanna or I will try our best to help ! Good luck! :)