Total Goal

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Tyra Banks


I just have a little something to say about Tyra Banks.
I watch her talk show almost everyday. At first it was because there was nothing else worth watching on, now I actually enjoy it!
Most of her topics are great! As I watch I can tell that the show is aimed to a younger set of viewers. The topics are revolved around younger issues. Being promiscuous, eating disorders, that sort of thing. But one day she came out! She took on the world! The media! Its all over the place. Tyra is now fat, put on 40 pounds, blah, blah, blah. She even hosted the whole show in the bathing suit that was photographed in the tabloids! I commend her. She admits that she's gained weight, she admits to loving to eat, and she says I'm happier then I've ever been! Did you know she was shunned at the beginning of her modeling career for being to fat? To curvy? Just plain being to much Tyra? Crazy!
She's a strong spokes person for the banning of bulimic/anorexic models. But also for offering them support, counseling etc.
I watched her 10th anniversary of her first swim suite cover page last week. It was great! She tried on the exact same Bathing Suit as was in the pic. It was too funny. She was actually on film pinching her own back rolls! Hehe, she looked like she was having a great time! She was being totally honest, heart felt and she still looks great!
Don't get me wrong. I know I'm still way bigger then her, but it makes me feel better to know that she is comfortable in her own skin. For some reason she makes me want to fight for a skinner me, and feel better about all the me there still is to burn away. She is empowering! I have added her to my personal list of people to look up to.
Oh, I also have a cat update. It looks like it was just a pissy cat day or something. Because there hasn't been any more incidents and he's back to his old snobby kitty self.
Have a great day all!

4 comments:

Annieann77 said...

I remember when all that hoopla was going on with her and the media on how she had put on weight! Those media people will find anything wrong with everyone just so they can have something to talk about! gesh .... I'm sure half of the media people are bigger then Tyra!?

Glad to hear your kitty is fine! :)

Momma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise Potter said...

i walk on my tredmil while i watch tv. I am still counting my points till i join NS. Look lady I don't know who you are but i trully find you a little rude at times. Don't tell me what to do with MY life and MY blog!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy Moore said...

Hey there,

Just a quick note to let you know I highlighted your blog today at my "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog:

http://livinlavidalocarb.blogspot.com/2007/02/10-healthy-new-diet-and-weight-loss.html

ENJOY!

Jimmy Moore
LivinLaVidaLowCarb.com
livinlowcarbman@charter.net