Total Goal

Monday, May 7, 2007

Weekend Stuff



Well despite the fact that it rained a lot last week the weekend shaped up to be pretty nice. Evan, Earl and I where able to get outside and run. Evan is really getting the hang of riding his new red bike.

I'm really looking forward to getting some more of the yard work done. We are replacing one of the fences, finishing the deck-staining, and hopefully putting in our new front flower beds. We got a lot on our plate this summer and every summer till the outside of the house is done. Then the inside starts. Does it ever end? lol. Oh well I guess that's part of being a home owner, there's always a project you want to do. I'm so looking forward to building a garden from scratch! I love to garden and my new Rona discount will help, not to mention the knowledge I'm hoping to gain starting tomorrow night. My first day actually doing the job I was hired to do. I'm both excited and nervous.

Other then that I had a cry for joy moment on Saturday. We where out getting Josh's b-day present. Josh is Earl's older son from a past relationship. (pic above-don't they look so much a like!!!) He turned 8 years old on Friday. Earl was going over to his house for presents and a birthday cake on Sunday. Anyway Josh called and asked if his brother was going to be coming!!! Josh wanted his brother at his birthday party! Those where his words!! I was almost crying!!! It's so great to know that Evan has already been excepted by his half brother! I'm hoping their relationship will grow over the years. Evan may not have cousins who live here, or even grandparents on my side, but at least he has Earl's family who love him, spoil him and would do anything for him. Now he even has a big bro that loves him. This makes me feel so relieved and very, very happy!

That's it for me today. Have a great Monday-or as good as a Monday can get anyway.

1 comment:

Annieann77 said...

Evan looks totally cute on his new bike!! ;)

My tuplips are so close to blooming .... I'm anxious to see what color they are! :)

Hope you have fun at your new job and hopefully it's a little eaier for Evan to be without you this time ?