Total Goal

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Can't wait till the end of the month!



Since we have a baby, house, bills, dogs, cats and such, we live on a relatively tight budget. But that's a okay with me, I'm never truly without anything I want. So at the end of the month we have budgeted $200 for me to go out and go flower crazy!!!! I have alot of pots to fill.

5 large old wine barrels (cut in half of course, don't ask me why there is 5 and not six, since 1 barrel clearly makes 2, so where is the half of the 3rd one---did that make sense to u?--oh never mind. lol). 2 smaller barrel like pots. 2 built in planters in our deck and about 3 very small pots, one with a sleeping cat which is my personal fav.

Yup that's alot of space to fill with beauty and colour. Since I now work in the green house I've already gained some knowledge. Not to mention got a close up look at all the flowers available. There are some I've never tryed or even heard of. Did you know there is such thing as a potato vine? Yup, and guess what it doesn't have potatoes on it! It is primarily used in baskets, it drapes down with little white or pick flowers. It's super pretty, so that's one I'm definitely going to try, among some others. But I will have to mix these new choices with my old favs, pansies of course, I saw some really cool bright orange ones! Then there is Marigolds, always a great classic that happens to help keep the bugs away from the other flowers around it. I've also got my eye on some really bright Geraniums, I think they will be in the plan, I've seen them a million times, but I myself have never tryed them.

I'm soooo excited. I can't wait. I'm so much more excited about next weekend then this weekend. It's a little odd since tomorrow I'm turning 29 years old. But I don't really like the hoopla of birthdays (especially on mine.) so really it's just another day. I did tell Earl that he has to cook me dinner. He laughed and I have him "the look". We will see if "the look" works.

Well that's it for me today. Did I mention I'm excited!

Oh ya, there was a mix up yesterday, it was Vicky not Jordanna that came over, and yes Cindy is still preggers, and getting very tired of being tired. lol.

1 comment:

Annieann77 said...

I think I am also going to do some flower shopping at the end of the month! I'm excited to try some new flowers this year and I may stop in and see you at work for a little advice! ;) I didn't want to plant too early and I'm glad I waited but now I just have to find the time to do it!