Total Goal

Thursday, May 3, 2007


I forgot to tell everyone the great news! My engagement ring fits me again!!! I can now wear the bling bling! I haven't been able to wear it for almost a year and a half! So needless to say it feels great!

Well as you all know I had my first night at work - well the orientation anyway. Here are the highlights:

1. Was the first one there because I hate, hate, hate, being rushed and late. So I was the 28 year old keener. Embarrassing! Was happy to see I wasn't the oldest of the group in fact there was a guy there for electrical that looked about 60!
2. Watched a rather long and boring video on Rona history and their 3 step service program. These steps are used in almost every retail company, they just use different words to describe the same action-they must have a thesaurus on the book shelves when they come up with these things.
3. Watched a riveting video on lifting safety and another on Wimis (dangerous chemicals) I sware to God if I heard/saw another person washing their hands with soap and water! It repeated about 10 times! OMG we get it!!!! When you get chemicals such as a pesticide on your hands wash them right away with soap and water. Okay I got it!
4. Watched a rather gory video on safety knife safety, ppl got injured, cut them self bleed etc. Gross but made the point.
5. Filled out some paper work, banking info,forms for if you have any medical problems that would involve you doing the funky chicken in one of the isles and how do they handle it etc, etc, blah, blah, blah.
6. Tour of the store.
7. More paper work and a quick read of major points in the novel of a orientation manual. Where to smoke, dress code, etc.
8. Another video on work place safety, rather disturbing actually about a father who dies, and wife and baby crying. Hit home for me anyway.

That was basically it.
Interesting I know.

We finished around 8:15 instead of 9pm so I was home early to find MR Evan still wide awake and giving daddy a hard time going to sleep. I walked in the door to find Earl saying "go get your son." When I did he was laying in his crib crying his little eyes out. I picked him up and he hung onto me as hard as his little arms could squeeze. (which for a little guy is quite strong, he gives such great hugs already!) It felt so good to be able to hold him before bed. But then he flat out refused to sleep! At 9:30 an hour and a half past his bed time I said "Dad, get your shoes on, we're going for a drive." We went to the mornville over pass and back (about a 10 minute drive) and he was out like a light. He woke up a little when we took him into the house, but he didn't fuss when we put him down in his crib. Few! I watched my recorded America's top model (thank God Britney Whinny head is gone!) then I went to sleep.

That was my day, and that's all I got to say. Have a good one ladies!


Annieann77 said...

Hehe - I watched Top model last night too and I must say I'm also glad she is gone! She took some great pics but her personality was a little lame!?

Sorry to hear Evan had a bad night without you, hopefully it gets better?

And Congrats on your NSV (non-scale victory) I miss my rings soooo much. I had a customer ask me the other day if I was "supposidly married" where my rings were?! I thought it was kinda rude so I answered back kinda rude! jerk - LOL

VegasGirl said...

Oh wow! Yay about the rings. I wish I'd been smart enough to take mine off. Now, I haven't had mine off in probably a year, maybe longer! One of the rings is a size 5 (fitted when I was 18) and I worry that it may never come off without being cut. At least is a very pretty ring though =D

Next time I babysit a kid that won't go to sleep I'm trying to car trick. I'll have to make sure my sis leaves behind a car seat for me. I hate it when the kids are SOOO tired and sleepy but refuse to go to bed.

Cory said...

Congrats on being able to wear your ring again. That's awesome.