Total Goal

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

1st day at the job



My first night at my new job was pretty good. The only complaints I have are:

1. My new shoes hurt my feet, I'm hoping they will brake in.
2. I really didn't get any training, it was way to busy and they are of course under staffed.


I walked into the green house with my name tag, I was bombarded with 5 customers all with questions. I could answer 3 out of 5. As I walked one of the remaining two outside to point her to the fountains I flagged down some one on a fork lift. She smiled and apologized, she had forgotten I was coming in. Oh well, I made it through the first hour with out even knowing what I was doing, or how to get help if I needed it. It's a good thing I have a little base knowledge or I would have been dead in the water!

She showed me how to call some one if I had questions and how to look up prices on the computer. Other then that I was left on my own to serve customers. I got pricing questions, soil questions, brick questions (these I handed off to the other ladies-I have no clue!). It was easy to keep busy, with all the customers, and clean up I was hopping all evening. I got to tell ya I don't think exercise on my diet will be a problem. I sat down for a total of 5 minutes on my brake (to have a smoke) other then that I was on the go. My feet are a little sore and my legs are stiff from all walking and such. But the shift flew by which is great!

Well that was basically my first day. I'm hoping since the weather is crappy today I might have a chance to get some training! Here's hoping!

Have a great day ladies.

Oh Evan went down for Earl relatively good, and he did sleep through the night. Thank Goodness! I'm still feeling a little tired today, but at least I got a good 7 hours sleep in.

2 comments:

Annieann77 said...

Gald to hear you had a good first day! :)

How many shifts do you plan on working? I thought this was a part time job?

Denise Potter said...

yup it is. 3-4 shifts a week