Total Goal

Monday, April 2, 2007

I can't beleive it.


Hello everyone,
I had a relatively great weekend. Minus the Evan not wanting to go down for a nap on Sunday afternoon. He just flat out refused!
We even drove around the city and country side trying to get him to sleep. I guess the car ride trick doesn't work any more. Dammit! It was so much easier! We ended up bringing Evan's birthday invitations with us and heading over to the south side to drop one off to Leanne and Mike. As I said above, he refused to sleep and they weren't doing any thing so we went in for a short but nice visit. Leanne lent me her girlfriends guide to pregnancy book, I'm planning on reading it when ever I can. She wants me to mark all the things that are true. lol. So that might be the whole book. Or at least large sections.
We also went out for a nice dinner with Earls family. We went to Swiss chalet. I figured this was a good choice to stick to my diet. Chicken is good for you right? I had the quarter chicken (which I brought most of it home) with cooked garden greens, and a potato (a cheat I know, but I could have gotten a juicy greasy burger or pizza. So I thought I did pretty good. It was very pleasant, Earls mom was in a good mood, which means unguarded and fun to be around. I have found her way more tolerable now that Evan is here. I think she doesn't want to piss me off with fear she won't see him. Which of course I would never do, but at least she's more pleasant to me now, and not at all in a fake way either. Evan sat nicely and entertained us for almost 2 hours!!! He's such a good little monkey.
Okay so I can't believe he's going to be 1 year on Friday!!!! I can see him growing up into a real person now. His personality is shinning through. Like the picture above, he loves his blue blanket! I think this may be the blanket. He wraps himself in it, and brushes it against his cheek. lol. He gets frustrated at himself if he's walking and falls down, or can't open the pages of one of his many books. When you give him a new food that he really happens to love he gives you this huge smile, and waves his little hands up and down as if saying "OMG this is the best thing in the world! and you gave it to me! and I'm the center of your world! and I'm sooo cute and I know it! now give me some more of that stuff that was the best thing in the my world!"
Lol, I cant' wait for you to see it, I hope his birthday cake will make him do it. I almost pee myself every time I see it! I gotta get a picture of it, but I don't think it would do it justice. Okay so maybe I need a video camera. I was thinking about getting one, mostly so that I can send videos to my sis. I feel like we are both missing out on so much! Maybe seeing it even if it's on the tv screen will help these feelings of being so far from her and Mannix.
Well that's it for me today. Have a good one!

2 comments:

Jordanna said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe my little porkchop is almost 1....Time Flies!

I had swiss chalet on Friday night with Dustin's parents!

Annieann77 said...

K - so if you find that the entire book is true.... you really don't need to highlight the whole book .... that would take a lot of highlighters! LOL Maybe the highlighting thing isn't such a great idea!? he he

I can't wait for his b-day party! It should be tons of fun! ;)