Total Goal

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

thank god for phones


Well as the title says...thank god for phones. When one has a small but heavy child all those little things that one has to get done seem so impossible! For example-I have to get ready for Evan's b-day party on Saturday.
This involves-ordering a cake, getting decorations, getting food. All these tasks seem simple enough, but put a one year old into the mix and you got a big pain in the butt! Get him in the car, go into the 1st store, take him out of the car, if your lucky there are carts, if not your carrying him, (he still walks to slow). Then when your done with the first store, you get him in the car, drive to the next place, blah, blah, blah. Every quick stop takes so much longer!!!!
So anyway, I called Sobeys to order his b-day cake-HOT WHEELS!!!!. They tried to explain what it would look like, but I just said "What ever looks cute." So the cake will be a surprise to me, but its one less task to worry about. They did make the totally yummy cup cakes for our wedding, they where fresh, soft and sweet, just like cupcakes should be. They always do such a great job, so I'm not worried at all.
Other then that I made some calls about his one year check up, and shoots. I scheduled both for tomorrow. The doc appointment for 11am and the shoots for 7pm. I always like having the shoots in the evening so Earl can be with me. I'll pre warn all of you it sucks seeing your baby get his needles. Of course it's for their own good and its worse for the parents then it truly is for the child, but its very stressful for both. I'm glade that Evan has never had a reaction to them, except a slight fever and some pain. A bottle, some good cuddles and a good nights rest always seems to do the trick. I think this time will suck more then ever, he's going to be more aware of what is going on this time. The last time we had to go was at 6 months, that seems like forever ago now.
As you can see my stroller ticker has moved, I walked on my treadmill for 1 hour last night. Yah Me! Looking forward to my night off at Danna's tonight for a little chatting and some Top Model.
Have a good day ladies!

1 comment:

Annieann77 said...

LOL - I have heard that once you have kids things seem to take longer! I guess I'll find out someday!?

I can't wait fo the pary!! : )

Have fun on your day off!