Total Goal

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tubb of Tuesday (sorry its late)


Well I did weigh in this morning and I was pleasantly surprised to see 193.4. So just under a 2 pound loss. I know I can do much better, so here's to another week. I know this one will be a bust since it's Evan's birthday on Saturday and a piece of birthday cake is on the menu. Oh well whats another week. I'll only have a small piece. We are expecting about 15-18 people on Sunday, I only bought a quarter slab cake, so I'm hoping there won't be any left overs. I'm planning on having a healthy menu for the rest of the afternoon, fresh veggi's, fruit, some lunch meat and low fat cheese for sandwiches with brown buns. Oh but then there's the snacks, chips etc. Maybe I'll skip that, does one really need to serve chips to make a 2nd birthday right? I don't think so! I guess I'll see.

The only other thing I got on my mind is my emotional state as far as the big 2nd birthday. Evan has a habit of crawling into the edge of his crib and waking himself up. So he crys out because he's to sleepy to figure out where he is in the crib and is some how powerless to do anything about it. This happens about 3 nights a week. Any way, so I go into his room and move him, once he sees me he doesn't want to go back into his crib right away. So I usually take him back down stairs for a snuggle which puts him back to sleep within a minute. It's nice to be able to hold him to tell you the truth. During the day he's so on the go I don't really get the chance to just hold him and marvel at how much he's changed. His hands are still so small but so much bigger then they where even a month ago! He changes so much every day! I can't believe he's going to be 2 years old! I kind of miss my little baby boy! Don't get me wrong he's so enjoyable now, he does stuff, has a character, he's such a little wise guy! lol. Time flys so fast!!!! Remember how when we where kids 4 sleeps seemed like decades! Now I'm thinking OMG his party is on Sunday! It's already Tuesday! When am I going to get stuff done. Today I went to Walmart and got the plates etc, then stopped in at Sobes so that Evan could pick his cake. He ended picking the cake that had the most toys included! Little monkey! The bakery ladies where great! They took all the pages out of the binder and let Evan look at them. He has this new thing about putting is index finger on his lips and saying hmmm. I'm hoping he does it on Sunday for everyone, it cracks me up every time! Well he hmmed at every page, then put the ones he narrowed down in the cart and handed me the ones he wasn't interested in, these included the princess cakes, lol, no one can say he's not smart! It was fun to watch his little brain work, he really picked his cake, he's only 2! He had it narrowed down to the car and truck cakes. He really does recognize what he likes! It was so cool! I won't ruin the surprise, but I'm so stoked about my decor for his party, it's super cute.

Well that's it for me today, I know it was a lot of Evan stuff, sorry about that. I don't think I'll be getting around to posting again this week, but I'll see. But if not I'll see you ladies at the party.

Have a good hump day!

1 comment:

Annieann77 said...

Congrats on the weight loss!! :) I can't wait for Sunday and the party, sounds like it will be a good time! :)