Total Goal

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tub Off Tuesday



Tubb off Tues went rather well for me with a loss of 1.8.

You may have heard on the radio news this morning that Chris Benoit was found in his family home dead along with his wife and child.

For those of you who didn't know who this is, Chris was a beloved WWE superstar. Born and raised right here in Edmonton, and trained at the famous (to WWE fans) Heart gym in Calgary.

He was a man true to himself even in the WWE character he portrayed. He never played the bad guy, and never picked stupid fights. He was respectful even when faced with a loss, shaking the hand of his opponent and leaving the ring so the winner could have his time of glory. Just last year he won his Heavy Weight tittle right here in his home town of Edmonton and I watched while he held up the belt with tears streaming down his cheeks.

I find it hard to believe that this man would not only take his own life, but take the lives of his wife and child. I for one am looking forward for further information.

Well Chris, you will be missed, and despite the circumstances of your death may you rest in peace.

2 comments:

Annieann77 said...

Congrats on your weight loss! :)

I don't watch WWF and heard about the death but had no clue on who he was? Thanks for the info!

Cory said...

Good news on the loss. That's great!

It was sad news about Chris. I dont' watch wrestling anymore, but I always enjoyed his matches back when I did watch.