Total Goal

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Playdoh recipe



So am I a cool mom or what! I always thought that the moms who made huge balls of playdoh at home where so cool! Now I'm cool too!

It didn't take long at all and I made 6 colours! Its so simple:



1 cup flower I found I had to add some more to make it less sticky but that's me.
1/2 cup salt
3 tbsp cooking oil
1 cup boiling water
1 package of cool aid or food colouring. I think the cool aid would make it smell better. lol. But I used food colouring because I don't buy cool aid yet.

Mix flower, salt and oil. Add water and either method of colouring. Mix. Then get your hands dirty and kneed until a dohie, lol. I found this is where I added some more flower, it seemed a little sticky to me.

Yield: I reproduced this recipe 6 times for each colour in the picture above. Balls are a little bigger then my fist.

Time: (this is with Evan "helping" me) for 6 colours 30 min!

Storage: Air tight bags or containers. I've always seen that the home made playdoh had to be stored in the fridge, so that's where I put mine.

Evan had a blast, he was totally engaged. I got 3 new words out of him in the 45 minutes we played with it! He even made a worm, said "eye" when he put on the eyes! I was shocked! the speech therapist said play doe was a great activity, wow was she right! Not to mention there is nothing I've found that has held his attention for 45 minutes. In fact there haven't been many activities we've both done that's held both of our interest for 45 minutes. Hey we have to enjoy it too.

Anyway more playdoh pics including his worm creation on face book.

Have a good one ladies.

No comments: